Saturday, May 15, 2004

Hendrik & Neeltjie's Place, Parkhurst

Saturday, May 15, 2004

Service: N/A
Food: N/A
Ambience: *
Babe Count: * * * * *

One of the babes at Antoinette's baby shower. She's a colleague of Antoinette's. The advantage of being an artist is that when you have nothing to say to anybody, nothing in common with ANY of the people at a gathering, all you need to do is pull out the tools of your trade and sketch. In this case, my sketching tool is my palmtop computer, and it causes hearts to flutter and panties to flap. Yeah. Who'm I fooling?Okay, so I'm exaggerating the babe count. Dramatically.

This is because I'm at a friend's baby shower. Sheesh. I thought baby showers were like weddings... places to pick up chicks. Chicks desperate to shag, seeing as they're broody and all that.

But no. What I didn't really figure into the equation is that the babes who go to baby showers are mostly married, with children, and wedding rings, and houses, and dogs.

Antoinette's opening all her presents. I can hear her going, "Ooooooooo! This is beautiful!!!" It's a tiny purple babygro. I can see its reflection in the mirror. I'm in the dining room, eating my seven-hundredth cold sausage roll. It's not that I'm hungry. I'm just in terminal soft-on territory.

A baby shower must be one of the most effective forms of male contraception available to humankind.

Although, the redhead with the platinum ring and the husband who drives a BMW Z3 is quite appealing. If only I could get rid of the husband. And any yearnings on her part to have babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

ShareThis