Saturday, October 09, 2004

Ocean Basket, Menlyn Park Valuemart, Pretoria

Saturday, October 09, 2004

Service: * * *
Food: * * *
Ambience: * * *
Babe Count: * * *

Karen and I are in Pretoria because I've decided to actually do something with my art. Thanks to encouragement from Karen, I've approached The Crafters Market to get shelf space in one of their stores near my flat. They've got six branches, and the only time Ute can see me outside of normal office hours is today.

So we've just finished with the meeting, and I've got the contract in my bag, ready to sign. For a ludicrously low rental, and a small percentage of my marked price, I get my art into a space where lots and lots of people come to shop for gifts.

Right now, Karen and I are eating the fish and chips special, and marvelling at the number of moustaches in Pretoria, the world capital of moustaches. The restaurant manager has a little bristle moustache. There's a 40-something dude just to my left with a 20-something trophy wife. He looks like he could be a regimental sergeant major. His moustache is one of those long ones that curls up towards his ear hairs.

"You also have one," says Karen, "so you shouldn't point fingers."

"Yes," I say, "but I've got a beard with it. My moustache isn't flying solo."

My artworks make their debut at the Randpark Ridge branch of The Crafters Market in Beyers Naude Street at the Top Crop centre on the 1st of November. I really have no idea how I'm going to get all of the organising work done in time. I'm fully engrossed in the tv show I'm directing. Luckily, this coming week is Jonathan's shoot week, and I'm still doing research and scriptwriting. But the following week it's my turn, and things are gonna get really really busy, really really quickly.

On the relationship front, it looks like Karen and I might possibly be drifting into friendship territory. While we both like each other, it seems as if something's not quite clicking. But we're working on it.

Right now it's just really lekker having someone to share the excitement with. Thanks Karen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

ShareThis