Friday, November 12, 2004

Piatto, Cresta

Friday, November 12, 2004

Service: * * *
Food: * * *
Ambience: * * *
Babe Count: * * 1/2

Riaan is a hot hot hot editor. Unbelievably hard worker, but also a serously intelligent cutter. I love working with editors like him. My ideal is to co-create stuff with artistically enable collaborators. And he's that. I've worked with editors in the past who are just technicians who push the buttons the way you tell them to. Most frustrating. Thank goodness for Riaan.Finished work at seven tonight. It's been my editing week, and we're a week away from launching the show. Go_Open is alive and kicking, and the effort is definitely paying off! Riaan is my editor, and he's pulling unbelievable hours. He gets to work at 7 every morning, and leaves around midnight.

Brad, our senior researcher, is with me. He's keen on a heart-to-heart chat about babeage. See, he's got a bit of an issue that's cropped up. He's studying computer geekistry at Rhodes University, and he's an uber geek deluxe. Highest order. But he's met this babe in Joburg, and she's just as much of an uber geek as he is. She speaks Linux. She programs. They understand each other.

And they... uh... uhm... well, let's just say they have compatible motherboards.

Well, we chat, and I impart my infinite wisdom to him. My take on the matter is that he doesn't have to marry her quite yet, and he's still got a while to go on the project, so he'll be in Joburg for quite a while, and he should learn as much as he can about life and the universe, and then make decisions later.

But the reality is that Brad actually doesn't really need my advice. The dude's an advanced soul, and he knows where he's headed in life. So we cut the "older wise dude giving advice to young puppy" routine, and just enjoy supper. Which is passable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

ShareThis