Monday, September 04, 2006

JB Rivers, Hyde Park, Johannesburg

Monday, September 04, 2006

Service: * * *
Food: * * * *
Ambience: * * *
Babe Count: * * * * *


This week's Illustration Friday topic is 'Safe'.

Since I like kittens, and since I've completely finalised my breakup with 'S' by being snotty and horrible to her (no, I'm not proud of it; I'm hurting horribly, and so's she; I guess I'm trying my hardest to make sure that we CAN'T get back together again; I dunno; damn idiot, me), and since I'm not feeling entirely safe in the world...

I thought I'd do a picture of innocence. For me, this kitten is curious and alive and loving and naughty and fun. And she's hiding behind the chair leg, believing herself to be completely invisible and impervious to detection from anything.

The source pic I used as reference is from stock.xchng. It's called Cat Story 8 by bretz.

This painting was made using ArtRage 2.11 on my Toshiba Tecra M4 tablet pc, sitting in JB Rivers in Hyde Park, Johannesburg, with a Jesus-freak two tables away saying loudly and drunkenly, 'ANYONE WHO DOESN'T TAKE JESUS INTO THEIR HEARTS IS EVILLLLLLL! EVILLLLLL! I'M TELLING YOU! IF YOU DON' T TAKE JESUS INTO YOUR HEART YOU'RE EVILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!' Well, she's safe. I'm not.

And I just met a gal I thought I recognised from my days working as a promo producer at SABC3. But it wasn't her.

She ended up having some water with me (we both have plastic bottles filled with water), and we chatted for ages about the art world and the movie world (she runs an art consultancy, and she's an executive producer in the movie industry... TSOTSI was one of the projects she collaborated on). And we've agreed that a date would be a good idea.

Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

ShareThis