Saturday, December 09, 2006

2006-12-09 Illustration Friday -- Mask & Might

I'm pretty satisfied with this as a final pic.

It captures the bathos of me sitting in a bathroom at 4am puking my lungs out (mercifully, I haven't depicted that -- nice guy, or what?) AND doing what people nomally sit on a toilet to do. No. NOT reading a book.

Last week's Illustration Friday topic was 'Might', and I was in the grips of this tummy bug. I wanted to make this painting for that, but I was laid low. So when 'Mask' arrived this week as a topic, I decided to blend the two.

The might of the tummy bug crossed with the bucket as a mask gives you.... toilet-paper rash!!!! Yes!

Here's a hint for you. Go to the shops NOW and find a coupla rolls of luxury THREE-ply loo paper. The kind that promises to be softer than an angel's breast. And keep it in your cupboard. Cos if you're on the loo for 7 days straight, trust me... two-ply is the same as an industrial belt sander.

This painting was made using ArtRage 2.2 in my bedroom on my Toshiba Tecra M4 surrounded by the debris of someone too sick to clear stuff out and do washing up. Okay. So I'm not THAT sick. But I'm indulging myself, okay? Now go and eat a piece of chocolate mousse cake for me, all right? Go!

(This pic is the final version of a set where I show how I worked from beginning to end. You can look at the whole set at: How I Work In ArtRage.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

ShareThis