Monday, January 08, 2007

2007-01-07 Illustration Friday -- Buzz

Finished this painting late last night. Took me a good 10 or so hours of dedicated work in MUGG & BEAN, Cresta to make it. Got kicked out around 9:30, and worked into the small hours of the morning.

The Illustration Friday topic this week is 'buzz'. My contrarian brain immediately rejected 'bees', 'snoring', 'flies', and anything kinda tame and mild.

I started hunting through my little brain vault for thoughts. And found one. I thought.... 'Hmmm! How about painting a chainsaw warrior!!!?'

So... uh.... lacking a warrior to pose for me, I did the posing. In my lounge. Wearing a purple sarong. And holding a tube of roled up paper as my chainsaw-surrogate. Cos... uh... I don't own a chainsaw. In fact, I've never even SEEN a real one. I searched the web for a pic of one, and found a lovely model in some online catalogue.

And... uh.... lacking gigantic muscles and ultra long, flowing, warrior-locks, I kinda beefed myself up to some extent.

The only thing that I CAN say about this pic with any degree of certainty is that I'm truly capable of pulling EXTREMELY ugly faces. I can make small children burst out crying in terror. Although sometimes they burst out laughing.

This painting was made using ArtRage 2.2 on my trusty Toshiba Tecra M4 tablet pc in Mugg & Bean, Cresta.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

ShareThis