Saturday, January 13, 2007

2007-01-12 Roy by Gabrielle and Roy

I'm sitting upstairs at La Concorde in Norwood. While I'm writing this piece, Gabrielle is reading WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH AMERICA? The Resistable Rise of the American Right by Thomas Frank.

I was about 10 minutes away from finishing today's episode of Matinee Soup when Gabrielle arrived for our date. And she was really keen to try her hand at making art on a tablet pc.

So I shifted out of the artist's seat, and became her model for an hour or so.

She worked a few layers above my cartoon strip.

The portrait is by both of us, only cos I dabbled a bit in creating some background colouring and highlights. The rest is all Gabrielle's. Apart from Matinee Soup, of course.

We made this painting using ArtRage 2.2 on my Toshiba Tecra M4 in La Concorde, where the service is... uh... discreet? (In other words, we have to go downstairs to find a waiter. But hey. Who's perfect?) The babe factor is a full five out of five stars on the Roy-O-Metre, thanks to Gabrielle's presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

ShareThis