Wednesday, August 15, 2007

2007-08-05 -- Allow the Defect -- a Monday Night at AACA

Every Monday night at AACA, people share their lives, and, in sharing, release their demons, and help others release their demons.

I like doodling. So during AACA meetings, my pen flies around my Moleskine, picking out things that stand out for me.

I scan the pics, then colour them in ArtRage.

This point here, that we should 'Allow the Defect', refers to a tendency that adult children of abuse have. We tend to be perfectionists. We tend to believe that our 'defects' need to be constantly overcome.

One of the ways through the effects of being an ACA (adult child of abuse) is to recognise the traits that 'govern' us. Awareness allows us to moderate our responses.

And as we all know, perfectionism is its own enemy.

I've spent about eight hours on this pic getting the colours right. I fussed and fussed and fussed. And you know what? It's okay. This pic works. Even though it could be better.

I made this painting in two phases... A pen-on-paper sketch in a Moleskine. Scanned, then coloured, using ArtRage 2.5 on my Toshiba Tecra M4 tablet pc.

If you like this image, you can pop it onto a piece of merchandise at my Flickr-approved Zazzle shop!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

ShareThis