Thursday, October 04, 2007

2007-10-03 Satisfaction in the Stadium -- mid res

David Bowie, Eric Clapton, David Gilmour, and Mick Jagger. All gathered in a happy, fantasy bonhomie.

This is a commission for Eduardo in Brazil. He's a dude who digs my work, and wanted me to do something special for his new apartment. He had a dream featuring these four characters.

So here's my interpretation of it.

I thought I'd nudge the recognition factor a little by punning on their names. I mean, how else is someone supposed to know that that's Bowie?

While I was painting this, it struck me that Bowie looks a heck of a lot like Robert Redford. And Clapton kinda looks a bit like Curt Cobain. But maybe that's just how my head works.

I prepped the references for this painting in Photoshop CS2, comping various things together to get the right composition. Then I worked all of the painting in ArtRage 2.5, and did all of my tweaking in Photoshop CS2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

ShareThis