Saturday, April 19, 2008

Behind the Scenes in the Advertising Industry

So... uh... I'll admit this. In public. Once upon a time, I was a member of the advertising industry.

And yup... in the ad industry, people go SO up their own asses that they're willing to bet their entire career on dubious 'creative'.

People in the ad industry use a technique known as 'post rationalisation'. That's what happens when they come up with a 'great idea', which unfortunately has nothing at all to do with the campaign they're working on. They then re-look the brief, and bend it to fit the 'idea'.

While this silly pun on 'Osama Bin Laden' is really just a terribly feeble piece of Tourette's Syndrome on my part, the kind of conversation I've depicted here is really ad industry standard.

I painted the entire pic and captions in ArtRage 2.5, and moved the captions around in Photoshop CS2. All on my Toshiba Tecra M4 tablet pc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

ShareThis