Monday, April 25, 2005

The Codfather, Morningside

Monday, April 25, 2005

Service: * * *
Food: * * *
Ambience: * * * 1/2
Babe Count: * *

I've met Nick early. Because of the ka huna course I went on, I've got two matches I need to catch up on. One is with Nick, the other with Demetri. He's a really cool guy, Nick is. Highly successful in the cellphone industry.

And a fine backgammon player.

Which is why I'm very happy to be 9--4 ahead by the time Gary -- my official opponent for the night -- arrives. So Nick and I agree to meet early next week, and finish our match. We've both ordered prego rolls from one of the other restaurants on the premises. Mine's kinda all right. The roll is VERY soggy. But the potato chips are outstanding. Worth ordering all on their own.

I'm feeling on top of the world.

Earlier this afternoon I went off to S's place. She's a professional ka huna masseur. Also trained with Anthea, but she's done levels three and four, which puts her way up there in terms of skill and ability. She has a morning job, running her own personnel business, and she gives between three and four massages a week. Similar to what I'm aiming at, actually.

We're doing a swap. I'm massaging her this afternoon, and she's giving me one in two weeks time, just before I fly off to London. (I've been invited to talk about Barefoot Press and alternative poetry distribution at an international literary conference.)

This time, I'm MUCH more confident. Yesterday's massage was amazing to give. And J's feedback about the arms was very useful. Today, I'm totally confident, and not even slightly hesitant. S and I are NOT lovers, so I'm not worried at all about me coming across as some kinda pervert. So the massage goes astoundingly.

When we've finished, I ask for feedback. She tells me that I'm a total natural, that it feels to her as though I was born to this. She mentions that when I oiled up her arms, I could have been a tiny bit more delicate. But on the whole, nothing to complain about. Welcome to the ranks of ka huna masseurs.

Man. This is cool for me. It feels like another chapter of my life has started.

And then, back at The Codfather, Gary proceeds to demolish me 21--16. Although I have to admit that I played some mystifyingly crazy moves, so I kinda deserved my defeat. But who cares? It's only backgammon. Ka huna awaits me. And I've got a swap arranged with N on Saturday morning. Yay!!!!

1 comment:

  1. These are some nice blogs here and I thought I would share this URL with everyone, www.profitbig.com I have found them to be great to work with and are distributor which really helps me with my business.

    I hope everyone here will find this as helpful as I did.
    Thanks for the great blog and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

ShareThis