Wednesday, May 10, 2006

2006-05-10 John Hauser & Julie

John Hauser has a delightful picture of a rastaman on the stock.xchng free-photo site.

With his permission, I used the pic as a backdrop to a poetry performance of mine.

The line goes, 'Like a dread bag to some rasta locks, like a wallet bulge to a Gauteng pickpocket. That's how the world takes to you.' (Gauteng is the province of South Africa I live in.)

When John said I could use his pic, I offered him a caricature. He asked me if it would be okay to include one of the love of his life, his fiancee, Julie. So here's John and Julie. I sincerely hope they can recognise each other from the pic!

Sketched using Alias Sketchbook Pro 2.0 on a Toshiba Tecra M4 tablet pc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

ShareThis