Friday, May 12, 2006

2006-05-12 Illustration Friday: Angels and Devils

This week's topic on Illustration Friday is 'Angels and Devils'.

I opted to do a nice, romantic schematic depicting love. I'm kinda suggesting that love is a combination of good and evil, and that the fruits of love can be one or the other or a combination of the two.

At the moment, I'm busy dealing in therapy with the fact that my mom was an alcoholic from around the time I was born, and my dad was an undiagnosed paranoid schizophrenic with wife-beater tendencies.

It's pretty safe to say that these things are my demons, and they affect my personal relationships fairly profoundly. But they're also angels, cos I have huge amounts of self awareness as a result.

This picture was made using Corel Painter 9.5 on my Toshiba Tecra M4 tablet pc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

ShareThis