Saturday, June 24, 2006

2006-06-23 Illustration Friday -- Rain

This week's Illustration Friday topic is 'Rain'. I'm drawing really fast at the moment, cos I've only got about an hour and a half before I need to get into my car and whizz off to the theatre.

S, my girlfriend, is the understudy for the role of Scaramouche in WE WILL ROCK YOU, and she's going on in the lead tonight. She was on last night too, but I wasn't able to get a ticket.

If I draw fast, I'll get there on time. And I really want this pic finished and up before I drive off into the cold winter night in Johannesburg.

This time I used two source photos as the basis for my drawing.

The street scene is a pic titled 'Restaurant in Venice' by a photographer called maxbog. The dude comes from a pic called 'model g09' by girinath. I found both pics on stock.xchng, a free online stock-photo library.

I cobbled the two pics together in CorelDraw 10, then copied the pic into Alias Sketchbook Pro 2.0, where I did the drawing directly on the screen of my Toshiba Tecra M4 tablet pc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

ShareThis