Monday, October 23, 2006

2006-10-23 -- Illustration Friday -- Ghost.jpg

I'm a bit slow off the mark for this week's Illustration Friday again ('Ghost' this week). But that's okay. I've made my first painting using the new update to ArtRage. It's now version 2.2. And it cooks even more than it did before. Yeehaaa!!!!

I was planning to do a sort of painted montage of my mom and my dad with me in the middle. They're both dead, see? And I've inherited bits and pieces of both of them.

I decided not to right now cos I just don't really want to confront their ghosts for the meantime. Their legacy is enough for me to deal with.

Instead, I thought a weird self-portrait would do the trick. I mean, heck... they're IN me anyway, right? So why would I even NEED to depict them separately?

(It's amazing how adept ex-advertising people can be at post-rationalising their blatant laziness, huh?)

Uh... my hair doesn't REALLLLLLY look like that. But it's getting there.

This painting was made using ArtRage 2.2 on my Toshiba Tecra M4 tablet pc, while sitting in Tashas Cafe in Atholl Square in Sandton (contact them on +27 11 884 0365). Babe count: 5 stars out of 5. Unbelievable babeage here. Most of whom are finely sculpted by fine surgeons. Ambience: 3 and a half out of 5. Food: 4 out of 5. And no... there ISN'T an apostrophe. Even though there SHOULD be one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

ShareThis