Friday, January 11, 2008

Bullet holes in the American Consulate General's security booth, Joburg, South Africa



Jennifer and I have noticed two prominent bullet holes. They're at face height in the bullet-proof glass of the security booth at the American Consulate General's premises in Riviera Road, Killarney, Joburg, South Africa.

The holes have been there for a few months now. And they haven't been repaired. We both find this rather odd. I mean, heck... TWO gunshots at face height? Surely the glass must be compromised? Surely if someone were to shoot them AGAIN, they'd let bullets through?

I mean, what's the deal here? Who shot at the glass in the first place? Why aren't they repairing the damage? Isn't this really really really bad PR for America?

If I were them, I'd fix the holes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

ShareThis