Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Cafe Cafe, Village Walk, Sandton

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Service: * * *
Food: * * *
Ambience: * * *
Babe Count: * * * *

It's one of those spontaneous meetings. Earlier today, I was having coffee with my big bad buddy, Ed, and my cellphone beeped. Message. From L, one of the women I've been corresponding with on the dating site I'm on. So I phone her, and put on my cheesiest, greasiest, most Beavis-'n-Butthead voice, and say, "You free this evening? Let's meet. Bring your own kneepads and mouthwash." She laughs, and it's on.

I've got this silly little rule I've put in place for myself. No shagging on the first date. The reason I've got this rule is cos I believe that as soon as shagging becomes the primary focus, any possibility of relationship goes sailing by on the wake of the Durex lube. And as much as I like shagging, I'm actually on the dating site cos I want to meet a woman who I can be with forever and ever and ever and maybe till the end of winter.

And I've done sex. A fair amount of it. Not as much of it as big bad Ed, but hey, it's not a competition, is it? Is it???

So I meet L. And she's more gorgeous than her photo. Nice curvy bod. Lovely, ever-present smile.

And of course, we both push against my li'l arbitrary rule, cos, hey, forbidding sex is the strongest aphrodisiac, yeah? But we decide that a kiss is enough for now, and we'll see what develops.

But she does tell me that there's someone in her office who's also corresponding with me.

Makes it a bit tricky, doesn't it? I don't do divided loyalty well! My first thought is that it would be unfair to see the other gal. But then, I also realise that we're all in this together. We're all dating cos we want to meet people. So I ask L if it would be okay to go on a date with M. She's cool with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

ShareThis