Thursday, March 24, 2005

Seattle Coffee Company, The Zone, Rosebank

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Service: * * *
Food: * * 1/2
Ambience: * * * 1/2
Babe Count: * * * *

Lovely Laura is coming all the way from Rivonia to meet me for coffee. She's the babe I met at the Blog Awards at Cool Runnings a coupla days ago. We've been doing a bit of email and phone flirting, and she's gotten off work early cos of the public holiday tomorrow. (It's Easter. A big celebration of bondage, with a message... make sure you use your safe word if you're doing extreme things!)

I pop into Exclusive Books, the shop attached to this coffee-shop. I head straight for the sex books and phone her. "Hey, Laura," I say, "meet me in the bookshop. I'm waiting for you here at the sex shelf!" She laughs, says she's parking, and she'll be with me shortly.

I start loading up with every book on sex and sexuality I can find, and get back to Seattle and find a table. A dude standing with his girlfriend waiting for takeaway coffee sees the titles. "Need a bit of help there?" he asks, nudging his girlfriend, who turns to look.

"Never too old to learn new tricks," I say.

He says, "I also read those sorta books." His girlfriend scowls, squeezes his hand.

I start thumbing through the one advising single girls how to have casual sex.

Laura arrives. Sees the spread, sits down. Doesn't blush. Not even a littttttle bit. I say, "Man, I wish they'd rewrite this one for single men!"

The big easy chairs are free now, so we head over there. I pile all of the books on Laura's outstretched hands. And NOW she blushes.

We sit. We drink coffee. I eat a huge muffin which crumbles to bits which fall all over the floor as I snatch bites from it. "Uh... nice first impression I'm making," I say. I kick a piece of something under my chair.

We chat. She's looking superb. We trade repartee. Sad that she's not responding to my bondage suggestions. Pity she lives in Pretoria. Eish. What's a single guy to do?

"Are you going to buy any of these?" she finally asks near the end of the date.

"I might," I say. "But I really only grabbed them to see how you'd react. You passed with flying colours. Sure you don't want to learn about how to have casual sex?"

She looks through the book. "Nah," she says.

I know a good training venue. And I've just had my sheets washed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

ShareThis