Thursday, August 10, 2006

2006-08-10 Illustration Friday -- Capture

This week's Illustration Friday topic is 'Capture'.

I've just extricated myself from a co-dependent relationship. And this pic really illustrates co-dependence for me.

Here we've got a cat... ostensibly the captor, yearning for the rat in the trap. But the rat is actually safe from the cat... the trap is protecting it. So the cage is actually something that keeps both parties away from each other, and safe, and captive, all at the same time.

In the relationship between 'S' and me, I would go into a sort of 'kind uncle' mode in response to her 'innocent little girl' mode. Which would make both of us feel unsafe... cos I would be pushing my needs down, and she would know deep down that it was manipulation on her part.

But it was also safe for both of us. Because the behaviours were habitual, and not overtly horrible.

I'm hoping that I learn some stuff from this breakup. I'm kinda kicking myself, cos I've been doing so much hard work on these issues.

Sigh.

This painting is based on a photo titled Catch me if you can 1 by vign on stock.xchng and was made using ArtRage 2.11 on my Toshiba Tecra M4 tablet pc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

ShareThis