Saturday, August 26, 2006

Illustration Friday -- 'Run' -- 2006-07-23 To Run From the Sun

This week's Illustration Friday topic is 'Run'.

I haven't been painting for a little while, cos I've been on a hectic writing deadline for a piece of corporate video I was asked to script-doctor in a rush. It turned out to be WAY more than script doctoring. And it's still not over. Sheeeeesh.

I painted this one a little more than a month ago, when 'S' and I were first breaking up. This was in the lull that we were calling 'a break'.

I was feeling terrible at the time, and so i made this pessimistic painting of a dude fleeing from warmth and love, at the same time avoiding being burnt alive. Three guesses who the dude is.

Since then, I've decided that part of what i want in the world is the possibility of me being increasingly open to RECEIVING love from a love- and life-partner. (In the past, I've been a bit too much of a love-giver, which has left my love-partners feeling that I'm not able to receive anything from them. I want this to shift. I want a partnership.)

Before I say cheers for the week, please go to the DIGG site and vote for my article trying to pressure Flickr into relaxing their absurd policy of making artists invisible to searches on the site.

With enough DIGG votes, the story will make it to the attention of someone in command at Flickr, and maybe we'll see some rational action from them. Thanks!

This painting was made using ArtRage 2.11 on my Toshiba Tecra M4 tablet pc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

ShareThis