Sunday, April 30, 2006

2006-04-30 Self Portrait


2006-04-30 Self Portrait
Originally uploaded by royblumenthal.
I'm sitting at Codes in Rosebank playing with my new easel. It's mounted on a camera tripod that I got from a junk shop.

Hans at the Rosebank Flea Market makes a brilliant tabletop easel. He modified one to fit my tripod. This means I've got something sturdy enough to keep my Toshiba Tecra M4 Tablet PC safely mounted.

All of which is a neat way of saying that I'm having great fun drawing in this coffee shop.

I've downloaded Corel Painter 9, and I'm finding it vastly more powerful than Alias Sketchbook Pro 2.

Now if Painter could get their brush resize tool to match Sketchbook's, that would be perfect.

My reference for this self portrait is a pic Eran Tahor took of me last night. I was visiting him and Jade at their new spot in Melville.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

ShareThis