Tuesday, September 19, 2006

2006-09-19 Illustration Friday -- Change Please

This week's Illustration Friday topic is 'Change'. I've interpreted that as 'small change', and, 'things must change'.

So I've depicted a homeless person who HAS changed, though not necessarily in the best way possible. Interestingly, he has a level of happiness that leaves him content. Here he is on the street, drinking, asking for money, living his life.

There are people in the office blocks nearby who AREN'T happy. Not in the slightest. And he's a reminder to them of that. Which is probably why so few of them give him money. They don't want to engage with what he represents.

I'm into change. I want change. I would like to free myself from my own rigidity. Lose some of the rules that bind me and keep me from engaging in meaningful loving relationships. Get out from under the grip of being brought up in an abusive, alcolholic family.

May we all find the right kinds of change.

This pic is based on a photo I found on stock.xchng by haloocyn called 'Street Chillout'.

I painted this one on my Toshiba Tecra M4 tablet pc using ArtRage 2.11 in a coffee-shop called Europa in Rosebank, Johannesburg.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

ShareThis