Saturday, December 16, 2006

2006-12-15 Illustration friday -- Help

Excellent! I'm finally getting better. With a little help from some antibiotics.

I went to the doctor again, and he told me, 'We've tried plan A with the first course of antibiotics. We've tried plan B with the second course. It's now ten days of you having diarrhoea. And unfortunately, there's no plan C or D. We've got to go directly to plan Z.'

Plan Z is basically a vicious antibiotic that simply HAS to work.

When I went to pick up the script, the pharmacist told me that it was VITAL that I eat a meal before I have them.

I said, 'Why?'

And she said, 'Cos this particular antibiotic is very aggressive, and can burn your stomach lining. In fact, it's recommended by the manufacturers that you drink a FULLL glass of water straight after to ensure that it doesn't get lodged in your oesophagus and burn a hole there.'

Holy cow!!!!

I've just spent some time making a painting. At first it was just me doodling with a grey colour palette. But then it turned into something quite primal.

The Illustration Friday topic this week is 'Help'. And I've been sorta wondering what to do with that.

I was actually going to put it in the back of my brain and go watch CARNIVALE in the lounge, and do something tomorrow.

But I discovered this grey palette that is in the new version of ArtRage, and I wanted to quickly try it, and then suddenly I was making a dark, ominous, ambiguous painting on the topic.

I'm not exactly sure what's going on in the painting. I know the 'facts' of it...



1. There's a guy and a gal.

2. They're both naked.

3. He's behind her.

4. She's facing away from him, craning her head to look at him.

5. Her right arm is behind her back, and her left arm is on her left thigh.

6. His left arm is curved around her, under her breasts, resting on her belly.

7. His right hand is on her inner thigh.

8. Her legs are open.

9. They're standing.


Those are the facts. What's ACTUALLY happening is anyone's guess. All I know is that it relates to the idea of 'help', and there's dark stuff in the painting. And it really stirs me.

This painting was made in ArtRage 2.2 on my Toshiba Tecra M4 tablet pc in my bedroom with no music on in the background, no clothes on me cos I had a long bath a little while ago, and midnight approaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

ShareThis