Friday, December 22, 2006

Matinee Soup -- 'Bambi'

Matinee Soup makes its debut today!

Thanks to a chance chat with someone wanting a cartoon strip for her corporate newsletter, I resuscitated Matinee Soup. I originally had the idea about six or seven years ago. And I wrote about 100 gags for it in my writing notebooks.

When M asked me to come up with a strip, I decided to design it afresh, using my tablet pc to do stuff I couldn't have done a few years back. This is the result.

As it happens, this particular strip isn't quite what the client needs. I've come up with something else for them, which should be quite a lot of fun.

So... finally... Bambi is alive and well and roaming the earth.

I'll be releasing a new one every weekend, roughly. Kinda forcing myself to commit to drawing a new one every week. Yay!!!

I'd really love to hear from you. Lemme know what you think. And if you've got any thoughts on what Bambi should be saying, lemme know those too, as long as you're happy to have me 'borrow' your gags. I won't be paying you for your ideas though. And I won't promise to use them.

If you like this strip, please help it spread -- use it on your blog, make a t-shirt. And let me know what you're doing with it. I'd really like to know where Bambi ends up.

Lastly, please read the description of my release conditions. I've released this strip under a Creative Commons 2.0 'Non-Commercial, Attribution, Share-Alike' license. There are more details in the description I've written for the entire set, which lives on my Flickr gallery: Matinee Soup (Set).

This strip is painted in ArtRage 2.2, using my Toshiba Tecra M4 tablet pc.

Please click on the pic to see it at a reasonable size on my Flickr gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

ShareThis