Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Characteristics of Adult Children of Abuse -- Roy's Story

This is a 9'40" video-version of a presentation I gave to my AACA group. 'AACA' stands for Al-Anon Adult Children of Alcoholics.

My mom was an alcoholic from when I was born, and my dad was a wife-beater and a weekend-drunk.

I've made the video to share the four roles adult children of abuse tend to take on, and to publicise the 13 characteristics that most of us tend to have.

It's released under a Creative Commons 'Non-Commercial, Attribution, Share-Alike' license. So please feel free to download it and hand it on to people who might need to know they're not alone.

I'm going to be updating this description field to include details of the musicians whose work I've been privileged to include on the video. It's all licensed under the same Creative Commons license I use, and I'm deeply grateful for that.

I apologise in advance for the poor microphone quality. I've done my best to clean up the audio, and the music certainly does aid in that process. But the mic problems were entirely my own... I had the input volume up way too high, so I was unaware that I was saturating the mic. Dammit.

Please let me know what you feel about this viddie.

I made this video on my Toshiba Tecra M4 tablet pc, using Adobe Premiere Pro 6, an old Logitech webcam, and Audacity (free and open source audio editing software). I used Camtasia to compress the AVI to something uploadable to YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

ShareThis