Sunday, July 27, 2008

2008-07-27 Follow Your Nose


2008-07-27 Follow Your Nose, originally uploaded by royblumenthal.

This pic started out as a sketch in my Moleskine.

I used it to test coveritlive.com as a means of live-blogging my visual facilitation sessions.

If you'd like to take a look at my step-by-step breakdown of colouring sketches in ArtRage, please head to: schmucknews.blogspot.com/2008/07/roy-colouring-sketch-usi.... Click on the 'replay' button, and you'll see screengrabs outlining the process.

There are several great things about CoverItLive.

1. It's free. Completely.
2. It's live. Realtime. What I live-blog is INSTANTLY seen by viewers.
3. It's at MY location. It uses embed code to place it into any blog or webpage of my choice.
4. I get live commenting from people viewing the session.
5. I control all of the media that gets published to the live-blog. So if there are any disruptive wise-asses, I can just ban them.

My main need in a live-blogging tool is that I need to be able to make it a private or public post. And CoverItLive makes that possible.

This pic started off as a Bic Gel Roller sketch in my Moleskine. It was then scanned. And coloured in ArtRage 2.5, live, on the internet, with viewers. It's a new world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

ShareThis