Saturday, September 13, 2008

The only customer feedback address on Virgin Mobile South Africa is 'notthathappy@virginmobile.co.za' -- lots of unhappy clients?

Seems as though Virgin Mobile in South Africa knows something about the way their clients perceive them.

The email address for Customer Feedback, as shown on their site, is 'notthathappy@virginmobile.co.za'.

For anyone struggling to see the words, I'll just break them up, making them easy to read...

Not That Happy.

Which is an understatement, really. I'm a lot less than happy. And it seems from the email address and all the Twitter responses that I'm not alone in feeling this.

2 comments:

  1. Hello again Roy,
    It seems (unsurprisingly!) that you are much faster than me at online posting.
    Please see my comment on your earlier post regarding our service on your upgrade.
    Coincidentally, we are in the process of revamping our website this week, so you have unfortunately picked a rather out-of-date page - in contrast to only expecting unhappy customers, we take pride in our happy customers, and positively rely on them to recommend us to others; are launching a 'friend gets friend' scheme online with the new website.
    This is (justifiably and) clearly not relevant for you and your experience at the moment, and its something i want to rectify.

    While it doesnt seem like its been your week, I am proud of our staff in general and would very much like to engage with you (and your community) in how we get the experience right. If you dont mind, i will contact you during the week to arrange a time to talk/meet.

    Kind Regards,
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am most impressed with the way Peter Boyd got back to you and how he protected his staff. Very commendable. Now I don't feel so bad about being a Virgin customer and maybe when I get to upgrade in 2 years time, it'll be as much of a pleasure as my initial purchase was 2 weeks ago, thanks to Vuyo who helped me at the Sandton store.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

ShareThis