Sunday, June 11, 2006

2006-06-11 Bathroom


2006-06-11 Bathroom
Originally uploaded by royblumenthal.
I've been having a restful day today, lying in bed with my tablet pc, surfing the web and drawing. S is performing in two shows today... the matinee and an evening show.

I've booked us a one-night getaway in a bed & breakfast spot in Pretoria. (That's quite close to Joburg, which means we only have about an hour's drive tonight, and we can get back tomorrow at a reasonable time.)

I'm taking a minute amount of downtime right now cos I'm about to go into some intense activity. I've written a piece of industrial theatre for a pharmaceutical giant on behalf of Hecate. I'm also directing the piece, and rehearsals start in about a week. I'm also designing all of the backdrops for the show, which I'll start doing in the second half of this week.

I came across an amazingly evocative photo of a bathroom by hvhurricane on Flickr, and just had to draw it, with some of my own stuff added in for good measure.

I've pumped it into a weird, surreal, murder/suicide/debauchery scene, just cos I'm in a strange mood right now.

This drawing was made using Alias Sketchbook Pro 2.0 on my Toshiba Tecra M4 tablet pc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

ShareThis