Sunday, September 16, 2007

Clarendon Condensed -- By Hand -- By Roy -- STENCIL

I made this 'by hand' stencil for use in ArtRage during my graphic facilitations.

It's basically a hand-drawn version of Clarendon Condensed, with one or two flourishes from me, and quite a lot of (to my mind) delightful mess.

Please feel free to use it for your own purposes. You'll notice that I've duplicated every letter, and I've given you both upper and lower case. And most of the other bits and pieces.

The two pangrams I found on Wikipedia. A pangram is a sentence that contains all of the letters of a particular language.

The way to use the stencil in ArtRage is to save it as a PNG file in your stencils folder. When you open your stencils menu, you'll see it there under the 'stencils' tab. You just size and drag the stencil where you want it. And Bob's your uncle.

I'm sure you can do stuff with this font in Photoshop too.

And if you have a font creation program, please lemme know, and tell me what other characters you need to complete the set. I'll gladly paint them up for you.

I made this stencil by typing out the pangrams in CorelDraw 10, setting up the way I wanted things to look, then exporting as a jpeg. I imported the jpeg into ArtRage 2.5, and spent around four hours mucking around with outlining, making stencils, painting more, making a stencil of the stencil, erasing some, then making the final stencil. I did this all on my Toshiba Tecra M4 tablet pc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

ShareThis