Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A Surprise Visual Facilitation I did -- 01 -- 'Some Objectives'


01 -- Some Objectives, originally uploaded by royblumenthal.

Last Thursday, as I popped my tripod and easel into the overhead stowage on my plane back to Johannesburg from my Somerset West graphic facilitation gig, my phone rang.

It was none other than Michelle Caldeira, MD of Blue Moon. 'Roy,' she said, 'would you mind if I gave your name to someone to do graphic facilitations? He used to use the cartoonist we use, but he's no longer in Joburg. I love the stuff you've been doing recently, and I want to know if you're keen?'

Of course I was keen.

So when I landed in Joburg, it was most pleasant indeed to be phoned in the car back. Jennifer was driving, so I was free to take the call.

'Ian Paterson here,' said the caller. 'Michelle said you're keen to do some graphic facilitation with me?'

Which is how I came to be ensconced in a typist's chair at the Sandton Convention Centre, scribbling paintings at a furious pace on Monday morning.

I made seven paintings all in all, but I'm only showing six. The six I'm showing have been 'anonymised'. I've taken any and all information off them that could lead anyone to discovering the identity of the company I was facilitating for.

This painting was made entirely live during the morning session of a seminar at the Sandton Convention Centre. I worked on my Toshiba Tecra M4 tablet pc, using ArtRage 2.5 painting software. You can hire me as a visual facilitator for your meetings, functions, events by calling me on +27 74 104 6386. You can also email me on royblumenthal@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

ShareThis