Tuesday, July 27, 2004

JB Rivers, Hyde Park

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Service: * * *
Food: * * * 1/2
Ambience: * * * *
Babe Count: * * * * *

Phone: +27 11 325 5055

You know, being a serial monogamist can be a bit of a bitch.

I've been sitting here reading and playing solitaire on my palmtop since after a late lunch with Eran. He's flying to Israel tomorrow for a holiday, and to scout out some filmmaking possibilities for the production company we're forming together.

Yesterday he and I went to see Standard Bank in Sandton to see about opening a business account and getting starting capital of R1.5 million. We're still in extremely preliminary stages, and we may look for a partner. But it was a fun exercise. Near the end of the conversation, I said to the three bankers, "Hey, if we open our account here, we'll just have to invite you to set one day, to see what really goes on behind the scenes. Would you be keen on such a thing?" They almost blew their wads then and there. "Yes! Oh, yes! Please remember us when you have a shoot!" they said.

What a babe. And what bad timing. Here I get a second chance at wooing a serously lovely girl, but I'm now tied up in monogamy. Ah well. It least I got to feast my eyes.Right now, I'm sitting minding my own business, and my glasses are on the table. I'm giving my eyes a rest from contact lenses, which I've now been wearing successfully for the last month. The left eye is feeling a bit deranged, but it's tolerating the lens! Viva!

So, with my specs on the table, I can't really make out the features of the babe who's just sat down two tables away. She's waving at me.

I pop the glasses on, and I recognise her, but I can't figure out where from.

I walk over to her table. She's there with an older guy, in his sixties, and she's in her early thirties. Long blonde hair. Greenish eyes. Incredible cheek bones. Dimples. Bod. This is babe heaven for me. Where the heck do I know her from??

She says, "You drew me one night --"

And before she can finish her sentence, I know where I know her from. She's the one that got away. The delicious woman I sketched at Piatto in Cresta late June. The babe whose number I didn't take. I say, "Piatto in Cresta. My name's Roy."

"Annette," she says, and we shake hands. I'm now only dimly aware of the dude at the table, and I'm kinda locked into her gaze. "And this is Peter," she says.

I shake Peter's hand. "Pleased ta meet ya," he says in a Cockney accent.

"Join us for a drink?" says Annette.

Sigh. Okay. I get my satchel and join them.

The joys of monogamy.

Seeing as I'm exploring a relationship with Karen, I've decided that I'm not going to be pursuing relationships with other women at the moment. But I'm also treading a delicate balance. I don't KNOW that things with Karen will work. And nor do I know whether or not we're really suited to each other. So I don't want to close off possibilities too strongly. But I do want to be honest and upfront and clear. And I don't want anybody getting hurt.

So right now I'm thinking it'll be okay to have coffee with people. Like Annette. And some of the women I'm corresponding with from the internet dating service.

An added complication for me now is the fact that my new sexual journeyings are on this site. And babes I speak to are immediately given the web address. So I'm kinda open book. Which might not be to everyone's taste. But hey. I'm an individual. And I have a broad mind, now even broader, and that's who I am. As Charlotte Kasl says in ZEN AND THE ART OF FALLING IN LOVE: "If you want love and friendship, you must walk the path undisguised."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

ShareThis