Monday, July 05, 2004

Mugg & Bean, Kloof Street, Cape Town

Monday, July 05, 2004

Service: * * 1/2
Food: * *
Ambience: * * *
Babe Count: * * * * *

Cape Town. It's the gift that just keeps on giving. I'm sitting right now in Exclusive Books in Tamboerskloof. I'm at a counter which divides the bookshop from the Mugg & Bean next door, and the two places are linked.

This is the first time I've used wifi to connect to the internet. My buddy Charl lent me his wifi card before I came to Cape Town, and I'm now at one of Mweb's free hotspots. (I have 20 hours of access a month free before I start paying. And it's HEAVY payment... R1 per minute once you've hit that 20 hour ceiling.)

I'm using the wireless connection to avoid spending money on my cellphone connecting to the internet. If I used the cell, I'd pay a serious fortune for the privilege of updating this site, seeing as it's charged by the kilobyte.

And the babeage here is extraordinary. But you know that. So I'll just shut up now, wipe the drool off my keyboard, and hit "send".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

ShareThis