Thursday, May 11, 2006

2006-05-11 Roy and S


2006-05-11 Roy and S
Originally uploaded by royblumenthal.
S and I were at a party, and a close close close friend of S snapped a pic of us, mentioning that we look like a gangster and moll couple. So I just had to do a sketch.

I had much shorter hair when the actual photo was taken, so I've lengthened it to how I look now. I prefer the wild Einstein look.

S has just opened in a musical she's in. It's Ben Elton and Queen's WE WILL ROCK YOU, the South African production. (Tonight - Rock into future with record breaking musical.)

I've now seen it twice -- once on the first preview, and once on opening night, and I'll definitely be back to see it more times.

I'm not a fan of musical theatre, but this is real kick-ass rock'n'roll. (It's NOT a Queen tribute. It's got a story and all that. Weakish story. But hey... it brought some tears to my eyes both times.)

S plays two of the larger small parts, and she's also understudying two of the leads. I hope she gets to go on every now and again in a lead role. I've heard her sing the songs in the privacy of our lounge a good couple of dozen times, and this gal of mine can sing!!!

I'm enjoying doing flat colour in these sketches. When I was working on the palmtop, flat colour was much trickier, and almost impossible to do accurately.

Alias Sketchbook Pro 2.0 allows all sorts of layers, and that's very useful when you're doing flat colour.

Drawn using Alias Sketchbook Pro 2.0 on a Toshiba Tecra M4 tablet pc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

ShareThis