Tuesday, July 31, 2007

AACA on the Air with Scott


AACA on the Air with Scott, originally uploaded by royblumenthal.

Every Monday night between 10pm and midnight, Scott's on Radio 2000 (South Africa) with a show dedicated to Twelve Step programs like AACA, Al Anon, AA, NA, and so on.

Which brings me to a joke. Regrettably, not my own joke. But hey...

There's a new Twelve Step group called 'Overtalkers Anonymous'. They go on anon anon anon...

Well. Dunno about you, but I'm laughing. Hehehehehe.

I'm fairly certain Scott isn't laughing at this attempt to capture his elusive good looks. He is a fine fellow in the flesh. I have tried at least seven sketches of him, and I simply cannot get a likeness. Sorry, Scott. At least you get to stay anon this way.

Now. Back to our scheduled programming. If you feel that you might have grown up in an abusive environment, you might want to look into the possibility of going to one of the relevant Twelve Step groups in your area. I can't speak for any of the other groups, so I'll stick to AACA -- it's been very helpful to me.

You can get info from the website -- Adult Children of Alcoholics

This painting originated as a black gel ink sketch in my Moleskine. I then scanned it on my HP Deskjet F380. And did all the colour painting in ArtRage 2.5. All on my Toshiba Tecra M4 tablet pc. Anon anon anon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

ShareThis