Saturday, November 18, 2006

2006-11-17 Illustration Friday -- Thanksgiving

Ah, I love Illustration Friday. It gives me the opportunity to be lateral about topics like 'Thanksgiving'.

In the American sense of the word, I have absolutely NO idea what it means, what it symbolises, or what it represents. I know turkeys have something to do with it.

But I didn't want to show an American interpretation of it. I wanted to show something that demonstrates thankfulness in some way.

So I've interpreted a photo called 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' by Taxiguerrilla on Flickr. (He releases his stuff under the same licence I use... Attribution, Non-Commercial, Share-Alike.

The way I've read his pic (which looks like a brilliantly shot self-portrait times three -- in other words, him, in three different poses) is that this is a family of three brothers sharing breakfast together.

They're in a peaceful space together, and they're just WITH each other. They're well-fed, prosperous, in touch with abundance. And they're aware of their surroundings. They've also embraced simplicity.

Their individualism shines through, and the peace they've created is their expression of thanks.

That's what my painting INTENDS to convey. Who knows what it REALLY conveys. Enjoy!

I made this painting at Mugg & Bean in Killarney, listening to a selection of Paste Magazine samplers on my Nokia N91 MP3 player phone, using ArtRage 2.2 on my Toshiba Tecra M4 tablet pc. I'm in the process of exploring the dating scene again, so I'm communicating with several babes on a South African dating site. Yay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

ShareThis