Thursday, November 30, 2006

2006-11-29 Roy and Ethel at Kevin's Kustom Tattoos

It's NOT as sore as people make out. In fact, it's even below the flinch threshold.

I'm talking about getting a tattoo.

I went to Kevin's Kustom Tattoos yesterday afternoon with my design in hand.

The lovely Ethel did the hard work.

And I listened to my music on my Nokia N91.

While reading AS USED ON THE FAMOUS NELSON MANDELA: Underground Adventures In The Arms and Torture Trade by British comedian and activist, Mark Thomas.

Thanks to Mark Thomas there were a few dodgy moments when Ethel had to pause for my laughing to stop.

This is a painting of me getting the tattoo. Soon I'll upload a rendering of the actual design. And you can laugh your head off and say, 'Sheeeeeesh! Roy DOES do his very best to come across as a wise-ass eccentric.'

And you'd be right.

Now give them a call. And go get yourself inked. Here's the number of the Cresta branch: +27 11 678 1595. And no... I do not receive free tattoos from them. I paid full price for mine. They just happen to be one of the best tattoo parlours in Africa, according to tattoo types.

This painting was made in my bedroom on my Toshiba Tecra M4 tablet pc using ArtRage 2.2 software with me listening to STADIUM ARCADIUM by The Red Hot Chili Peppers and noticing that it's now 2am and I forgot to have supper! Damn.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Roy,
    Any idea where Ethel is now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya... Nope... I lost track of her. I can't recall, but I bumped into someone who told me where she operates from. But that was ages ago, and the conversation is evading me. Good luck in tracking her down.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

ShareThis