Tuesday, July 11, 2006

2006-07-11 Coffee Break


2006-07-11 Coffee Break
Originally uploaded by royblumenthal.
I've just bought an amazing new drawing package. It's called ArtRage2.11, and it gives me things that Alias Sketchbook Pro 2.0 hasn't even dreamed of giving me. For instance... paper texture, and brush texture. Yay!!!!! Yippeeeeeeee!!!! At last.

Now here's the rub... ArtRage, which is as powerful, is priced at US$20. Sketchbook Pro goes for around US$150.

This pic is my first attempt using the software. It's based on 'Coffee Sans Cigarettes' by vidrio. (The pic is released under a Creative Commons 'attribution, non-commercial, share-alike' license.

What I'm loving about this software is that it really allows me to 'paint', with loads of messiness. And it allows me to work very intuitively.

The more powerful Corel Painter 9.5 also allows the painterly feel, but it's got THE most clunky interface in the world. I rarely use Painter because of this.

This pic was made using ArtRage 2.11 on a Toshiba Tecra M4 tablet pc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

ShareThis