Friday, July 21, 2006

2006-07-21 Illustration Friday -- Come-Go -- Opposites

This week's Illustration Friday topic is 'Opposites'.

Right now I'm in a bit of relationship turmoil, and taking a bit of a break from my girlfriend, 'S'.

I thought I'd depict the kind of 'stop/start', 'yes/no', 'come here/go away', 'I want you/I want you to stay the hell out of my space' energy that comes with this turmoil.

She's in Cape Town for about two months, cos the show she's in -- WE WILL ROCK YOU -- has moved from Joburg to the 'Mother City'.

I was originally going to go down with her, but we started fighting, and a gig I was doing was postponed, so I decided not to join her.

I'll be flying down on the 1st of September, if all goes well with our 'break'. And we'll spend the last ten days of her stay there together before taking a leisurely drive back.

In the meantime, I'm just taking a breather and trying to re-establish my boundaries.

For your info... 'S' does NOT look anything like this. This is probably the 'inner Roy bitch'. Who knows? Certainly not the artist.

This painting was made using ArtRage 2.11 on a Toshiba Tecra M4 tablet pc, with I'M YOUR FAN -- The Songs Of Leonard Cohen playing in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

ShareThis