Thursday, July 13, 2006

2006-07-13 Nude Dude on a Deckchair

When I saw 'Nude on a Ship' by vealj, it was only a matter of time before I painted it.

I emailed him for permission, and he said, 'OK by me, i'd love to get a copy when you're done.'

Coolness, vealj. Please feel free to download and print the high-res copy of the painting.

This one took about two hours, with multiple layers. I used a wet brush to lay down the background and the main colours on the body. Then I started working with a dry brush to get the details sorted. Finally, I used a wet brush to do the shadow work.

This painting was made using ArtRage 2.11 on my Toshiba Tecra M4 tablet pc.

[UPDATE 14 July 2006:] Just got the Illustration Friday topic for today. It's 'Aging'. And I think this pic fits beautifully.

[UPDATE 14 July 2006, a few minutes later:] Apparently 'aging' has already been used as a topic before, so they've put a new one up... 'sacrifice'. So my pic has been 'sacrificed' at the altar of newness. Blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

ShareThis