Tuesday, July 25, 2006

2006-07-25 Ed Godinho Revisited

I drew Ed ages ago on my palmtop, at extremely low resolution.

So I tried an experiment this morning... importing the small pic into ArtRage, converting it to paint, enlarging the pic, and seeing what would happen if I worked freely into the work with my palette knife, some tubes of paint, and a dry brush loaded with tons of thinners.

This is the result. And he looks darker and meaner and altogether more frightening than he did in his earlier incarnation.

I'm moderately happy with the result. It certainly has a better feel than the old version. And I'm very happy with the painterly nature of the pic. I'm also quite happy to do away with my linework in favour of squishy paint.

Does this pic work for you?

This pic painted in ArtRage 2.11 on my Toshiba Tecra M4 based on an original drawing of Ed by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

ShareThis