Wednesday, July 12, 2006

2006-07-12 Joyful Chap


2006-07-12 Joyful Chap
Originally uploaded by royblumenthal.
My third painting in ArtRage. Here's something interesting to me... in all the other packages I work in, I think of my pics as 'drawings'. In ArtRage, I think of them as 'paintings'.

A subtle distinction, but a vital one, I think.

In this pic, I painted using only the pallet knife after I did my line work. I realllllly enjoy how loose it feels. Hmmmm.

I based the painting on a photo titled Snow Happiness by keoshi.

I asked him for permission to work from the pic, informing him that I release my work under a Creative Commons 'attribution, non-commercial, share-alike' license.

And he said, 'Yes. On two conditions. That you give me credit. And you send me the URL when it's done.'

So I'm doing both of those things.

This painting was made using ArtRage 2.11 on my Toshiba Tecra M4 tablet PC, while listening to the PASTE magazine sampler from issue 22. What a cool magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

ShareThis